The annual WVAA Memorial Art Exhibition held each spring is open to all members of the organization. Click her for 2015 Memorial Show application. Application deadline is December 2014.
To participate in this event you must become a member of the WVAA.
This spring show features nearly 100 pieces in the month-long exhibit in a wide variety of mediums.
Contributing artists compete to receive four "Judges Choice" awards and for "Best of Show" award. The $100.00 best of show prize award is given by various sponsors in memory and honor of their loved one.
The WVAA Memorial exhibit has a new home in the gallery space provided by the Arts Block project.
The Center for the Visual Arts now hosts the Memorial show. The CVA is in downtown Wausau at 427 4th St., adjacent to the Grand Theater, part of the Performing Arts Foundation. 715-842-0988
The Wisconsin Regional Art Program (WRAP): The WVAA sponsors and coordinates the art exhibit and workshop for the Central Wisconsin Area. It is held at various tmes in the summer or fall of each year.
There are about 28 regional shows throughout WI that are sponsored by various art groups in the state. We are all under the auspices of UW Madison, where the State Show is held each year.
Anyone interested can go to wraawrap.com and click on the "workshop/show" link to print paperwork and/or see last year's entries and winners. Artists do not need to be members of WI Valley Art Assoc. or WI Regional Art Program to participate in the shows.WRAP show, Wausau
- - Paperwork due to Lynn Block or Lynn Ott: Sat. Oct. 24, 2015
- - Deliver artwork (and have workshop) 10am - 3pm: Sun. Nov. 1, 2015
- - Install artwork: Mon.-Thurs. Nov. 2-5, 2015
- - Opening reception(s) in Loft & Main Gallery CVA: Fri. Nov. 13, 2015
- - Pick up artwork (noon to 3pm): Sun. Jan. 3, 2016
- - To print your entry blank, go to www.wraawrap.com, click workshops & exhibits, click on print paperwork.